Cooking delicious thai food can be made as easy as 123. Eating good food can be done as fast as the blink of an eye. Enjoy both cooking and eating.
Sunday, June 14, 2015
ต้มยำกุ้งTom Yum Goong
Thai Spicy Shrimp Soup
By Songtham Pinyolaksana
Tom Yum Goong the recipe
Ingredients 4 servings
3 cups Chicken or vegetable broth.
2 stalks Lemon grass, break open.
10 Grape tomatoes, cut in half.
5 Shallots, crush to break open.
3-10 Thai Bird’s eye chili to taste.
6-8 Kaffir lime leave to taste.
4 Oz Oyster or sliced white mushroom
3-5 TSP Fish sauce to taste.
3-5 TSP Lime juice freshly squeeze.
2 TSP Preserved chili paste (NumPrikPao)
(0-1) tsp Sugar
4 stems Cilantro coarsely chop.
1. Put broth, lemon grass, tomato, shallot, bird’s eye chili in pot, bring to boil.
2. Add shrimp into the pot.
3. Add fish sauce, lime juice, preserved chili paste, sugar (if needed) into the pot.
4. Taste and adjust flavor to taste.
5. Add kaffir lime leave, mushroom, cover the pot, bring to boil.
TSP- table spoon, tsp- teaspoon.
1. Use fish sauce that made in Thailand. Squid brand and Mae Pra Norm brand fish sauce and preserved chili paste are recommended.
2. When cooking Thai food, the measurement of ingredients are vary from brand to brand.
3. Keep on cooking, and consult Thai friends for help on Thai cooking and ingredients, enjoy!